Gender & Sexuality Workshops
RainbowYOUTH has been delivering powerful educational workshops for over fifteen years. We have a number of workshops available to help your organisation, group or workplace to become more inclusive and aware how to best support rainbow young people. To book a workshop, just fill out the form at the bottom of the page!
Pricing & booking
- Corporate & commercial businesses/organisations: $699+ GST
- Community & charitable organisations: $400 + GST
- Note: RainbowYOUTH is committed to making our workshops accessible to everyone. Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss alternative pricing options or a payment plan.
- Upon delivery of the workshop, we will invoice you for payment of the workshop(s)
- Dates and times for our workshops will be worked out once we receive your booking inquiry. If you have a deadline, please make sure that you book at least a month in advance.
Our workshops are best suited to a maximum of 20 participants.
Gender & Sexuality 101
A 60 minute workshop of the fundamentals of gender and sexuality, and the identities that exist within rainbow communities. This interactive workshop allows participants to explore the material and how it relates to their work. The workshop can be tailored to specific settings, and includes the following broad sections:
Overview of gender identity, sexuality, presentation and sex characteristics, and some of the identities and language that exists.
Why inclusive workplaces are important.
What you can do as an individual and as an organisation - tools for being a good ally, and making your organisation inclusive and safe for rainbow people.
Gender & Sexuality 201
A 60 minute workshop focused on understanding the challenges and experiences of rainbow young people in Aotearoa today. This workshop will build on the Gender & Sexuality 101 workshop - your facilitator will draw on the history of rainbow communities in Aotearoa and anecdotes from young people at RainbowYOUTH. The workshop can be tailored to specific settings, and includes the following broad sections:
Broad history of rainbow communities in Aotearoa, from Māori society pre-colonisation to today
Stories of young people that RainbowYOUTH has supported
Human rights issues currently facing rainbow young people, and what you can do to help
Looking for consultation on your project, programme, idea or policy? We'd love to help you work on this! Our staff can provide expert guidance on how to best include and serve rainbow communities in Aotearoa.