Rainbow Family Services (RFS)
Find Your Peace.
This is a service dedicated to provide safe, effective, and affordable counselling services for all families and young people in need. I have been a practising counsellor since 2011 and have worked in schools, social services, NGO’s and private organisations before setting up my own agency, RFS. It is my goal to help young people and families find hope where they previously saw none, and to realise they have the power to achieve their goals and live fulfilling lives. I specialise in working with children, youth, and their families. I have a Diploma in Counselling (Children & Young People) and a Bachelor’s degree in Social Science (Counselling), as well as a Certificate in Child Protection. I have full membership with NZAC and receive regular professional supervision. My areas of special interest are:
- LGBTIQ issues
- Self-harm and self-injury
- Anger Management
- Grief and loss
- Bullying (including cyber bullying)
- Family dynamics (parenting through separation, blended families, new additions, relocations, immigration)
- Young people with special needs (Autistic spectrum, gifted, learning difficulties, problematic behaviour)
- Abuse and trauma (including sexual abuse and PTSD)
- Sundays 2pm – 8.30pm at the RainbowYOUTH Drop-in centre.
- Wednesdays 5pm – 8.30pm at the RainbowYOUTH Drop-in centre.
Fees (all including GST):
- Individual session $75 for 60 mins
- Couples or two person family counselling session $100 for 90 minutes
- Family therapy (3+ people) $125 for 90 minutes
- Skype sessions $75 per hour
- Offer WINZ funding
Rainbow Family Services is ACC registered for sensitive claims and also offers professional supervision, also $75/hour
Get in touch:
This confidential service has been provided to the GLBT community, their friends and families since 1972.
“Whatever is on your mind, from coming out, to heading out, friends to lovers, mothers to brothers….sometimes you just need to talk. OUTLineNZ volunteers don’t judge or tell you what to do; We’ll provide support and appropriate information in a safe & friendly atmosphere.”
- 9am – 9pm, Mon – Fri.
- 6pm – 9pm, Sat, Sun & Holidays.
Get in touch:
0800 OUTLINE (688 5463)