Rainbow Family Services (RFS)
Find Your Peace.
This is a service dedicated to provide safe, effective, and affordable counselling services for all families and young people in need. I have been a practising counsellor since 2011 and have worked in schools, social services, NGO’s and private organisations before setting up my own agency, RFS. It is my goal to help young people and families find hope where they previously saw none, and to realise they have the power to achieve their goals and live fulfilling lives. I specialise in working with children, youth, and their families. I have a Diploma in Counselling (Children & Young People) and a Bachelor’s degree in Social Science (Counselling), as well as a Certificate in Child Protection. I have full membership with NZAC and receive regular professional supervision. My areas of special interest are:
- LGBTIQ issues
- Self-harm and self-injury
- Anger Management
- Grief and loss
- Bullying (including cyber bullying)
- Family dynamics (parenting through separation, blended families, new additions, relocations, immigration)
- Young people with special needs (Autistic spectrum, gifted, learning difficulties, problematic behaviour)
- Abuse and trauma (including sexual abuse and PTSD)
- Sundays 2pm – 8.30pm at the RainbowYOUTH Drop-in centre.
- Wednesdays 5pm – 8.30pm at the RainbowYOUTH Drop-in centre.
Fees (all including GST):
Individual session (up to 60 minutes) – $92
Couples or two family member session (up to 90 minutes) – $138
Family therapy 3+ people (up to 90 minutes) – $160
Professional Supervision – $92 (up to 60 minutes) *reduced rates for students available
WINZ funding accepted
ACC registered for sensitive claims counselling
Get in touch:
This confidential service has been provided to the GLBT community, their friends and families since 1972.
“Whatever is on your mind, from coming out, to heading out, friends to lovers, mothers to brothers….sometimes you just need to talk. OUTLineNZ volunteers don’t judge or tell you what to do; We’ll provide support and appropriate information in a safe & friendly atmosphere.”
- 9am – 9pm, Mon – Fri.
- 6pm – 9pm, Sat, Sun & Holidays.
Get in touch:
0800 OUTLINE (688 5463)
JPS Counselling Services
Offers you empathetic and non judgemental counselling in a safe place. Together we can talk about and explore any issue that you find troubling.
- Provisional Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (ProvMNZAC)
- Bachelor of Counselling (Weltec)
Work predominantly from a client centred and collaborative approach but also includes aspects of narrative therapy and cognitive behaviour therapy. Has an openness and willingness to adapt these approaches to suit the client and their needs.