RainbowYOUTH educators visit a school and train staff to deliver Inside Out lessons 1-5 to their students and health classes. Trainings run for a half-day. Our educators will share the skills that they have developed from running Inside Out in secondary schools, and provide tools about how to get the most out of the lessons.
- Tips for facilitating class discussions about sex, sexuality and gender identity, including dealing with tough and tricky questions.
- Get up to date with current research on sex, sexuality and gender diverse young people’s experiences in school
- Learn tools to create safe and inclusive learning environments when discussing sex, sexuality and gender diversity.
- Understand how Inside Out sits within the New Zealand Curriculum
- Gain confidence in using the Inside Out resource in your classroom
Our educators will:
- Introduce RainbowYOUTH & it’s services
- Set classroom boundaries to ensure all student beliefs are respected
- Ground the material in expertise and knowledge of LGBT issues in Aotearoa
- Present the pedagogy of the Inside Out resource
- Model how to run an Inside Out lesson
- Create a safe, non-judgemental space, where no question is too simple
- $500 (+GST) for any number of staff in one school.
- $150 (+GST) for a one hour, one-on-one session.
For further information about these workshops, check out the frequently asked questions section.