RainbowYOUTH (est.1989) is a charitable organisation dedicated to helping young queer and gender diverse (LGBTIQ) people up to the ages of 27, as well as their wider communities.
- Information // resources, a queer & gender diverse library, research.
- Advocacy // we advocate on behalf of queer & gender diverse young people wherever they face discrimination.
- Drop-in centre // a safe space, free wifi, drug, alcohol and smoke free.
- Peer-support groups // 7 locations around the north island, drug, alcohol and smoke free, free & friendly peer support for LGBTIQ youth.
- Support // non-judgmental & free advice and referral pathways.
- Consultation // we consult on policy, procedures and services that affect queer and gender diverse youth.
- Training & youth development // providing CV references and training for our volunteers in courses such as first aid, crisis, and facilitation.
At RainbowYOUTH, we’re about fostering a safe, inclusive, accepting and diverse family environment. We are drug, smoke, and alcohol free.
Our motto is Know Who You Are, Be Who You Are. The Tiwhanawhana Trust in Wellington have gifted us a version of our motto in te reo Maori: Whāia tō ake ngākaunui, i te pono, i te mārama. Simply translated, it means: Follow your desires with truth and clarity.